Gift Cards Available
564 Broadway Avenue
El Cajon, CA 92021
Most Insuance Accepted! Please call for verification of benefits.
- Acupuncture has been practiced in China and other Asian countries for thousands of years.
- Scientists are studying the efficacy of acupuncture for a wide range of conditions.
- Relatively few complications have been reported from the use of acupuncture when administered by a qualified practitioner.
- Tell ALL your health care providers about any complementary and alternative practices you use. Give them a full picture of what you do to manage your health. This will help ensure coordinated and safe care. The term "acupuncture" describes a family of procedures involving the stimulation of anatomical points on the body using a variety of techniques. The acupuncture technique that has been most often studied scientifically involves penetrating the skin with thin, solid, metallic needles that are manipulated by the hands or by electrical stimulation. Acupuncture rates and specials please click "about" button.
Massage therapy improves circulation by bringing oxygen and other nutrients to body tissues.
It relieves muscle tension and pain, increases flexibility and mobility, and helps clear lactic acid and other waste, which reduces pain and stiffness in muscles and joints.
Types of Massage:
Swedish massage uses lotion or oil to relax soft body tissue and facilitate healing. Swedish massage includes long flowing strokes, kneading, and friction techniques. Benefits- loosen stiff joints, reduce muscle tension, help clear nasal or chest congestion, increase circulation, remove toxins, and reduce stress. Swedish massage contributes to overall well-being and is widely prescribed by physicians to enhance treatment for insomnia, anxiety, and depression.
Table Thai Massage-
Thai Massage is a profoundly therapeutic and dynamic flowing massage that combines stretches, muscle compression, and pressure points, to more thoroughly release tension in deep muscle and connective tissue, and help you relax, and feel more grounded and energized. It is very slow work so there is minimal danger of injury. The client’s body is manipulated through a variety of positions, many with origins in Yoga or Tai Chi. The Thai Massage offered is the northern style of ancient folk healing tradition from Thailand.
How Is Thai Massage Different?
Thai Massage focuses more on releasing tension in muscles and connective tissue than rubbing the surface of the body, so it can easily be done through your clothes. Also, you are being moved around in different positions, and stretched, which can create a meditative type state. The Thai Massage Practitioner uses knees and feet, as well as hands and forearms, for more pressure, and always works as gently and firmly as you need. Thai Massage is good for all body types and sizes, and all levels of conditioning or flexibility.
Tui na (pronounced twee-nah) is a medical method using the arms, hands, fingers, elbows and knees as tools for treating diseases and illnesses. Tui na is also used to protect health and build up body immunity, so that disease can be stopped in its beginning stages, acting as a preventative medical measure, without any side effects. Tui na can sometimes be mistaken for acupressure.
Tui na uses techniques and manipulations to stimulate acupuncture points or other parts of the body surface so as to correct physiological imbalances of the body and achieve curative effects. The effect of Tui na is to disperse and smooth obstructions or to strengthen a weak system. Tui na rectifies anatomical anomalies, alters the inner energy state of the biological system and adjusts the bio-information of the body. For soft tissue injuries, Tui na relaxes muscles and tendons and promotes smooth passage of the channels. It also promotes blood circulation and removes blood stasis, or swelling.
Pregnancy massage, or pre-natal massage, is specifically designed for expectant and new mothers. The expectant mother's body is supported during the massage, using pillows, bolsters, or other types of padding. We do not use donut-shaped pregnancy pillows during the massage because they may cause undue stress on the fetus. Pregnancy massage techniques are similar to Swedish massage. Thai massage can also be used for pre and perinatal clients.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage include the following:
· Relieves muscle spasms, cramps associated with the stress of extra weight bearing, and physical changes that occur during pregnancy
· Reduces stress
· Teaches relaxation, which is one of the keys to an easier labor and delivery
· Enhances gestation process through increasing blood and lymph circulation, reducing edema, and increasing cellular respiration
· Provides emotional support and physical nurturing; this may be passed on to the baby
· Assists in reducing the stress in the weight bearing joints and musculoskeletal (bone) structures
Please Note: It is strongly recommended that pregnant clients in their 1st trimester seek the advice of their physician before receiving pregnancy massage.
Sculpting is a form of deep tissue massage, or myofascial release that is characterized by firm, constant compressions and strokes applied parallel to the muscle fibers. Like other methods of deep tissue work, the techniques are intended to affect the deeper structures of the musculo-skeletal system, as well as the skin and the more superficial fascia and muscles.
To reach the deeper layers, the sculptor uses fingertips, knuckles, elbows, forearms, heel of hand, or any bony part as tools. Pressure is applied gradually and then maintained at a constant level while the tissue relaxes. The work proceeds slowly so that the deeper pressures and the intensity of physical and emotional sensations that often occur can be assimilated by the client. No lotion or oil is used. The application of sculpting techniques will in many cases bring about the release of chronic tension that has been stored for very long periods of time.
For more information, please click "About" to read Acupuncture Frequently Asked Questions OR Contact Us.
Review us on Thumbtack.com! Click the link below.
Review us on yelp.com! Click the link below.